Save the Date: 14th May 2014
Event: BWF Members’ Day 2014
Location: Holywell Park, Loughborough University, Leicestershire
Attendance: Each BWF member company receives one free ticket, but must register in advance. Additional places are £99+VAT per person for members and £225+VAT for non-members.
Booking: Download and return the Members’ Day Booking Form. Non-members, please contact [email protected] to book.
The day is specifically focused at developing and preparing joinery and woodworking companies on the big issues affecting every business – and crucially increasing profitability. We begin the day form a keynote speaker looking at the pan-industry issues, followed by a series of smaller workshops of a range of topics from regulation, innovation, technical, general business practice, training and much more. The closing session will hear form another speaker, plus a ‘question time’ style debate with a panel made up of industry experts. There is also an exhibition space to explore during the breaks.
Why not also join us for the Pre-Members’ Day Networking Event on the Evening of the 13th May? Attended by our members, including the BWF Executive, it’s a great opportunity to engage in networking in a more social setting. The package includes dinner, bed & breakfast in the Burleigh Court Hotel, a stone’s throw away from the conference centre at Holywell Park.
BWF MEMBERS RESERVE YOUR FREE PLACE NOW
Below is a summary of the events throughout the day, but you can download a handy and unabridged programme from here.
- Opening from BWF President, David Pattenden
- Keynote Address “True sustainability in the wood sector”, Rupert Oliver, Forest Industries Intellegence. Our Keynote speaker is sponsored by AHEC.
- Debate and Question Time debate “Meeting the needs of a changing construction industry”. Noble Francis from CPA opens the session with looking at the Industrial Strategy and how the market is changing, followed by views from Charlie Law of BAM Construct & Craig White of White Designs Associates, providing the contractor and specifier perspectives for sustainability & the supply chain. Casey Rutland of Arup Associates will provide the technological perspective.
- The debate facilitated by Liz Male from the Construction Leadership Council, with input from the BWF CEO and President.
There will also be workshops covering the key issues that will increase profitability in three topic areas (click here for info):
- Breaking down barriers to growth
- Understanding your costs
- Profiting from online and social media marketing
- Increasing business opportunites through BIM
- Knowing your products’ environmental credentials
- CPR and CE marking: the next chapter
Development and Innovation
- Becoming the industry’s health & safety heroes
- Proving it and selling more
- Getting a better thermal transmittance values for your windows
Building on last year’s Members’ Day, we are also running our MasterClasses from some of the innovative suppliers ot the joinery trade:
- Software systems for boosting productivity. Masterclass sponsored by Majenta PLM – Siemens
- Opportunities for home-grown timber. Masterclass sponsored by Grown in Britain
- Glazing innovation. Masterclass sponsored by Vetrotech Saint-Gobain.
Last year’s Members’ Day has a record-breaking number of delegates and this year is expected to be a sell out – BOOK NOW
Members will also be able to engage with a number of expert exhibitors, including a free marketing clinic run by Liz Male consulting (bring your draft case studies and or crazy ideas to help get the attention you deserve!!)